2
Asked by cmurray40 - 4 years ago
I have had stomach pains for about 8 months or more. They come and go, sometimes extremely intense that I have to apply pressure or be in a fetal position with a hot pack. The pain isn't always in the same spot, it seems to be either on my left or right side.
All Answers
Sort By
Show
worriedsick Level 37 / R.T.(R)(M), BS
-
That's not enough information to be particularly helpful, I'm afraid. Have you had any changes in bowel habits? Any blood in the stool? Is the pain in the same place every time? Have you lost weight without trying? Do certain foods or stress seem to be associated with this pain?
Do you have a family history of bowel problems?

You really should see your doctor and have this checked out. You might need an upper and lower GI series and/or colonoscopy. The tests might not be pleasant, but you might get some much needed answers. Don't wait any longer. See your doctor and get better soon.
screwedintexas2 Level 18 / wind turbine technician
-
you get checked for ulcers? go get bloodwork done. read your wall
WannKnow Level 38 / L.P.N.,B.A.,B.S.
-
Persistent pain is a loud symptom that tells you something is wrong. Don't ignore it. There is no way to really tell you what is wrong because abdominal pain can indicate so many different conditions. So get to your doctor and begin the search for a diagnosis. Early treatment can help avoid a lot of other secondary problems. Make an appointment now, don't wait. Good luck and a speedy return to a pain free life.
DrPVSuglia Level 6 / Holistic Physician
-
I've seen people have attacks like this. What they usually ended up having was Crohn's Disease. This doesn't mean that this IS what you have, but it means you seriously need to be checked by a gastroenterologist.