2
Asked by jennifer7 - 4 years ago
All Answers
Sort By
Show
kattmanndawg Level 26 / Here's My 2ยข Worth..
1
Why get her to stop? She's just curious.. Instead make a game of it.. Play with her ears as well then progress to the tickle phase.. This will create better results in the end (you could keep shiny things laying about, kids are drawn to shiny things).
Compliments from
mh1977 Level 10 / Mom, Shop Keeper, Student
-
Emily, my 20 month old tries to look into my mouth & ears as well. Its cute actually...I would avoid wearing earrings or tongue rings though, if your child is anything like mine they will grab for jewelry...But I think Kattmanndawg may be right, I think your child might be trying to tickle you or just curious, which is a good thing.
:)
HereTaHelpYa Level 16 / Yes, I work.
3
How do you get her to stop doing anything else you don't want her to do? Tell her no and make her stop. If she persists in doing it, put her down. She's at the age now where she's trying to test her limits. Although playing with your ears is not a major issue, suppose it was. If it's something you don't want her to do, don't allow it.

I have a 2.5 year old son and if when I'm holding him he acts crazy, I put him down. If he really wants to be held he'll stop whatever he's doing to annoy me and enjoy being held. You have to make her a believer now or else you'll have issues on your hands later.

Good luck.
Compliments from
Samantha4 Level 1 / Teacher
-
Lol aww the little minds....so easily amused!! Well all of these ppl had very great points I agree with all of them to a point! My brother played with ppls ears his whole life 20 some and he would just walk up to ppl and start playing with their ears. It was annoying for us but comforting for him, he didnt like it but he really could not control it, it became habit. So I think ya its cute n why not make a game out of it when he plays with your ears touch them and say "ears are for hearing" go on to you eye "eyes are for seeing" ect. but explain to him YOU DO NOT LIKE HIM TO PLAY WITH YOUR EARS every time he touches em simply but sternly say "I dont like that! Ears are for hearing not playing" Eventually he will get the point! Remember be consistant! THAT IS KEY! I hope everything turns out ok let me kno!
Source naranjo_samantha@yahoo.com