Ask Questions, Get Answers
Asked by LEEBAUGHER - 7 years ago
my rectal area has an annoying throbbing sensation..that lasts for about 2 seconds...and throbs every 7 seconds
All Answers
Sort By
Richard Level 79 / Retired Dentist
Answered 7 years ago
Seek urgent medical intervention if....

* Your pain becomes more severe and regular
* If you have a fever
* If you have an infectious rectal discharge
* The pain spreads to other areas of your body
* If you have a large bleed or increasing amount of blood loss
* You have suffered a recent physical trauma

Common causes of rectal pain

Anal fissureThis is a small tear in the skin at the opening of the rectum. It is usually caused as a result of straining and stretching the rectum when passing a hard stool. Anal fissures can also occur if the anal sphincter (the muscle that controls the anal opening) is too tight to pass stools.The pain is a sharp knifelike pain that returns during the times when the anal opening is irritated. It can be very very painful during bowel movements especially if you get constipated or dehydrated. A dull throbbing pain may then take over and it can last for a long time......hours.
hcashlan Level 1
Answered 7 years ago
may be you need just a spanking session :D
Compliments from
sziersch Level 3
Answered 6 years ago
This is most probably haemorrhoids. Haemorrhoids are inflamed veins that line your rectum. They often throb, can bleed - you will see a little red blood on the toilet paper. They can be internal or external where you will get tags of skin "bloating" around the anus.
Haemorrhoids are not usually serious, but if there is a lot of bleeding you might want to have them examined by a doctor. The pain often associated with them can be eased by using suppositories, which can also act to shrink the inflammation. In bad cases surgery might be an option.
Compliments from
kc5255 Level 38 / Out of the Workforce
Answered 6 years ago
Prostate Health

Prostatitisurinary frequency and/or urgency; burning or stinging sensation during urination ... throbbing sensations in the rectal and/or genital area

What is prostatitis?
Prostatitis is one of several benign (non-cancerous), inflamed conditions of the prostate gland. Acute prostatitis occurs suddenly, with sharp, severe symptoms. Chronic prostatitis develops gradually, recurs often, with the infection lasting for prolonged periods of time. Chronic prostatitis is typically difficult to treat.

Who is affected by prostatitis?
According to the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH), prostatitis accounts for nearly 25 percent of physician office visits by young and middle-aged men for complaints involving the genital and urinary systems. Prostatitis is the most common prostate problem in men under the age of 50. Some estimates state that at least half of all men, at some point in their lives, will develop symptoms of prostatitis.

Prostatitis and other prostate problems are generally treated by a urologist, a physician who specializes in the treatment of conditions involving the urinary tract in both genders, and conditions involving the genital tract of the male reproductive system.

What are the symptoms of prostatitis?
The following are the most common, general symptoms of prostatitis. However, each individual may experience symptoms differently. Symptoms may include:

urinary frequency and/or urgency
burning or stinging sensation during urination
painful urination
reduced stream volume during urination
rectal pain and/or pressure
fever and chills (usually present with an acute infection only)
lower back and/or pelvic pain
discharge through the urethra during bowel movements
sexual dysfunction and/or loss of libido (sex drive)
throbbing sensations in the rectal and/or genital area
The symptoms of prostatitis may resemble other medical conditions or problems. Always consult your physician for a diagnosis.

To read and learn more by clicking on this link
dhay Level 14 / clinical academic
Answered 6 years ago
Richard is right.
It could be a simple condition called proctalgia fugax.
Go to your doctor.
Mbrow113 Level 1
Answered 3 years ago
Try looking at levator syndrome it sounds like this..
Related Questions
Need Answers Instantly?
About this Question
1 Compliment
6 Answers
Question Discussion
Top Users this Week
joensf Level 82 Professor
kelarsen Level 43 College
Sebailda Level 30 High School
labarca Level 69 PhD
Rondo Level 43 College
Additional Links