5
Asked by IoVeMy4CaTs - 3 years ago
im trying to clean my change becuase it has grime and stuff all over it! help me please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tags money
Best Answer
Kirinis Level 19 / retired
4
Haven't you heard of 'laundering money'?

An Ultrasonic cleaner is best but few homes have one.
Put the money into hot water and washing up liquid (detergent) to remove grease and general grime.
Put the money into vinegar, the weak acid will clean off the oxidization to give as new look.

There is a domestic liquid cleaner that is advertised and the advert shows a copper coin being cleaned.
Compliments from
Best Answer Comment from Asker
From IoVeMy4CaTs 3 years ago
thats funny and serouis i love the answer keep it up please
All Answers
Sort By
Show
ynes Level 50
4
When I take coins from "mucky" places - the floor of my car when the kids were young, something that got wet and shouldn't have, etc. I put them in the closed section of the utensil area of my dishwasher. Just leave them there when the dishwasher is running, and use them afterward. No dishwasher, just let them soak in a bucket with detergent, then rinse them in a colander (strainer).

If you are planning to use these in a coin collection, I suggest a different approach. For coin collections, use just water and a mild detergent. Acids, bases, and metal cleaners can adversely affect the value of coins for collections.
Compliments from
joensf Level 75
2
after cleaning lay them in a layer on a paper towel to dry.
Additional Details added 3 years ago
Compliments from
dargu Level 10
-
there's a great cleaner i always recomend to everyone. it's called MOTHERS metal cleaner. you can get it at auto zone. it works great on everything. i love it.