2
Asked by shaun1987 - 2 years ago
All Answers
Sort By
Show
adw61 Level 55 / Writer
1
The easiest, most reliable way to ensure personal attitudes or beliefs do not obstruct the quality of work is to leave those personal attitudes and beliefs at home, where they belong.
If my work requires me to accept situations/decisions that do not coincide with my personal attitudes and beliefs, and if those attitudes/beliefs require me to ignore or otherwise defy that requirement, it is time for me to find another job.
Compliments from
joystah Level 1
Answered 1 year ago
-
Focus on the job that you are doing, and not on how you may feel in your job. However, if there is an issue of morals, ask yourself what's more important - the money, or your moral ethics/beliefs..Remind yourself that your Boss does not care how you feel about the job you are there to work to the best of your ability. - Also remember that you can be replaced if you let your emotions control how you act/feel if it's detrimental to the quality of your work.
Ktfabrikate Level 1
Answered 1 year ago
-
I would say that some beliefs and personal attitiudes should be taken to work with you, as these may be the very things that make you perfect for the job. Things that seek to improve the service, such as your values of reliability, respect and trustworthiness. For example my own values mean that i don't like lying (under any circumstances) this has become something that has featured in my work a lot. For example, my boss has asked me to tell people she is not in when she is. Because i have demonstated my determination not to lie, my boss now knows i can be completely trusted when i say i am going to, or have done something. If she needs to know something (that is to do with her or the company) she knows i won't try to cover up or lie for someone. This is something that the clients within the job I have, highly value and are glad I bring to the work place.

So in answer to the above question, analyse whether these thoughts or beliefs will hinder the people/ company you work for, or help them.