5
Asked by Cam15 - 2 years ago
We think it could be white gold, & after much squinting, etc I was able to see the letters S. Italy above the scratched in letter R or B. my mom thinks it has 2 pieces to it that's still on the beach but so far we only found the chain. Eventually I also saw the # 525 or 526 scratched into it on the clip, I went online & saw that the # stands for the worth. Does anyone know how much this necklace is worth or should we go to a pawn shop to find out the worth?
Best Answer
korthal Level 36 / GEMOLOGIST/APPRAISER
10
To give a value, much more information is needed. Take it to a shop and get a value.
Additional Details added 2 years ago
Are you sure that's a 525 mark? It might be 925, which is silver.
Gold from Italy would be marked 585 for 14 kt and 750 for 18 kt.
Compliments from
All Answers
Sort By
Show
Xmetalrocker Level 32 / Pirate ;-)
8
We would have to know the weight. ;-)
Compliments from
scafftag88 Level 32 / Retired Scaffolder
5
You should be handing it in to lost and found, it could have sentimental value to someone and they'll be wanting it back.
Compliments from
Sparky5458 Level 63 / Retired Golfer
4
It is worth whatever the original owner might reward her. She should put an ad under FOUND which is free in most newspapers and see if someone claims it. If not take it to a place that buys gold and they can tell yopu about any metals. My wife found $50.00 in a pocketbook once in a thrift shop and put a notice in the paper. No one claimed it so it was a $50.00 find for her.
Compliments from