2
Asked by sraddatz - 2 years ago
All Answers
Sort By
Show
Gumboy Level 55 / fun guy
2
Since I was never a school teacher I can only add a few things
I found to be assets of good teachers/teaching from a student's
viewpoint. Skills and attributes imply one's perceived teaching
strengths so what? For one, an outstanding teacher has excelled
at all the needed skills and aptitude necessary for a particular course.
Compliments from
ynes Level 51
1
Mine or yours? I can describe mine, but with yours I am unfamiliar. Think about why you want to be a teacher - if it's June, July, and August - trust me, it's not worth it. If it's to teach kids - go for it!!
Compliments from
scott1928 Level 36 / Minister
1
First and foremost, believe in your students. I have discovered, during my years as a high school student (YEARS ago), that there are teachers who simply give up on their students. They figure if the child is not doing well, it just means that he/she is not really trying. Granted, there are those students who don't really care, but any good teacher can pick out the ones who are trying but just can't seem to 'get it.'

Next, a teacher has to put their teaching in a way that the student can fully comprehend what is being said.

Make the students feel that they can always come to you, if they have a problem. Again, I've had teachers who couldn't be bothered.
Compliments from
joensf Level 79
-
From link

However some of the most important qualities are passion, leadership, classroom management, and content knowledge. Teachers serve several roles and each requires certain qualities. Essentially teachers accommodate the academic, social, and emotional needs of their students. This requires the aforementioned qualities to be exhibited consistently.

An outstanding teacher should also be a leader and good listener. Students seek teachers for guidance, so it is imperative that teachers display their leadership skills, while encouraging students to work towards guiding each other. As a leader one must be a responsible individual with integrity: take into account the views and concerns of others, and serve as mediators.

Every outstanding teacher utilizes superior classroom management techniques. A healthy classroom environment should be safe, resourceful, and productive. By remaining organized with teaching aids and consistent with discipline measures, a system should be created in which students serve active roles in the classroom. These roles should include classroom assistants, and peer mediators. Furthermore outstanding teachers engage all students into each lesson, so they will feel they are part of a community. When this occurs students become more active in the learning process.

The last most important quality that outstanding teachers possess is a concise understanding of the information being presented. Every teacher must execute their lesson plans in a dynamic fashion to cater to students' diverse learning styles. The ability to be effective is supported by the ability to dissect, infer, map, chart, sequence, and answer questions about the given subject matter. The information has to be synchronized so that it can be made relevant to students' lives.
Additional Details added 2 years ago
. Simple understanding of subject matter may allow some teachers to intrigue students momentarily, but an in depth understanding can assist with creativity, capturing attention, and invoking student participation.

http://www.geoclan.com/community/article...