10
Asked by Gumboy - 1 year ago
With impending nyc ban on sugary hi-carbs soda pop sales, how far should
this go? Evidence that smoking is not generally banned and is even worse, right?
Additional Details added 1 year ago
Latest read on this King Bloomberg's latest me-god-gimmick! ...
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/20...
Additional Details added 1 year ago
Pictures Mayor Bloomberg avidly posing with his favorite soft drinks...
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/31/nyregi...
Best Answer
remingtonhawk13 Level 6 / Professional Awesome person
Answered 1 year ago
4
sorry this is random but mmmmmmm soda pop
Additional Details added 1 year ago
Be random have fun
Compliments from
Best Answer Comment from Asker
From Gumboy 1 year ago
unbelievably rh/13 has hit this square on the nose -
& dont chu try it again - yah hea'!
All Answers
Sort By
Show
adw61 Level 55 / Writer
Answered 1 year ago
6
Just more Nanny State BS.
If they want to ban something harmful to the public, they should start with the city's water supply. Or drivers. Or politicians.
Compliments from
morrie Level 48
Answered 1 year ago
4
The government is trying to look good to the consumer. The fact is that the ban will not make a bit of difference. Unless you can convince or force the consumer to realize that sugar and high carbohydrate consumption is detrimental to one's health, and that pop can literally rot your teeth (look up Mountain Dew's effect on teeth in Appalachia), nothing will change.

Sure, the concerned and informed consumer that actually cares, will hopefully make better choices, but this will have little effect.
Compliments from
mfdh55 Level 28 / Security System Analysist
Answered 1 year ago
4
Well, I guess Soda is the next thing that will have major taxes. You guys can't hit smoking anymore you just went up $1.00/pack. Gotto hush that one up and move the big bad one too soda and soon since it won't work they will tax the hell out of soda. That is what the Canadian excuse is raise the taxes high enough so you will not be able too buy as much anymore. Canada has been onto this for decades now and make a great tax dollar off of it so bide your time and sodl will go up in price. Yes it is true too much soda is bad for you but then again too much of anything is bad for you. The only thing that is not bad for you is money and the Governments will make sure that no ordinary person has too much of an excess of that. At the moment I stopped my soda consumption and now drink flavored Water. I wonder if there is something taxable on that I will let you know HAGD!EH!
Compliments from
BubbaMex Level 11 / Professional Retiree
Answered 1 year ago
2
When guns are deemed public health hazards, then I will have respect for our legislators.

Cokes health hazards? Not unless you mixed them with rum. That removes any potential toxins from the liquid. (That's what I tell my wife - she still doesn't believe me. God knows I've run the experiment over and over).
Compliments from