2
Asked by eurina - 2 years ago
All Answers
Sort By
Show
PricklyGent Level 11 / Journeyman; philosopher....
2
I think I've answered this question before...
Additional Details added 2 years ago
Suffice it to say, I am an electrician.
A colleague energised the circuit upon which I was working.
No harm serious done.
Just an indignant bellow, a small burn, and a greatly renewed love of continuing to exist.
Now I use padlocks, 'Hold' cards.
Additional Details added 2 years ago
I am, moreover, protected by the firm beleif that my colleagues are morons who are trying to kill me.
They aren't of course, but there's always one.
Additional Details added 2 years ago
And there's always one who says;
"Theres always one."
Compliments from
Rookiegirl Level 12 / Mom & Student
-
I don't have a situation that I really want to share, but I spend a great deal of time reflecting on life from various perspectives from the logical/intellectual to the mystical/muse. The first four quotes below are on a list that I keep in my desk. They remind me why I must make time, even if it appears I'm doing something else, to reflect. The fifth is a quote from one of my best friends growing up and he shared it with me when my son became rebellious and turned 14 last year. The last list of 4 ??, I carry in my wallet and when faced with a situation where I have an option to errupt or let it pass, I pull this card out and reflect REALLY FAST!

“Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the thinks you can think up if only you try!”
― Dr. Seuss

“It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.”
― Ralph Waldo Emerson, The Complete Prose Works of Ralph Waldo Emerson

“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing.”
― Albert Einstein

“Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.” - Kahil Gibran

TO MY CHILD: I will stalk you, freak out on your, lecture you, drive you crazy, be your nightmare, embarrass you in front of your friends, hunt you down like a bloodhound until the day you understand why I do it. Then, I will know YOU are a responsible adult. All because I LOVE YOU!

Wallet card: Nothing outside you can ever give you what you are looking for. 1. Is it true? 2. Can you absolutely know it's true? 3. How do you react when you think that thought? 4. Who would you be without that thought?