0
Asked by Jess - 7 years ago
Why do I have no appetite in the morning? I'm not really hungry when I wake up, why is this? (Don't worry, I still eat breakfast, but not a lot.)
Tags breakfast
Best Answer
Richard Level 76 / Retired Dentist
-
If you feel full after eating only a small amount, try eating small amounts more frequently when you do get the urge to eat. If you never seem to feel hungry, it's often helpful to eat according to a schedule rather than to rely on appetite.
Take advantage of the times when you feel your best. Eat more when you're hungry. Many people have their best appetite in the morning, when they're rested, according to the Mayo clinic. But it is all right to wait till you are hungry. I have always not had much appetite in the morning. don't worry about it. Just takes a while to get going.
Limit fluids during meals, as liquids can fill you up and limit your intake of higher calorie foods. It may help to drink most of your liquids 30 to 60 minutes before or after meals.
Create a pleasant mealtime atmosphere. For example, use soft music, candles or nice place settings.
Vary the color and texture of foods to make the meal more appealing.
Pay attention to smells, as certain scents may decrease your appetite or bring on nausea. Avoid smells that have this effect on you.
All Answers
Sort By
Show
theman Level 6 / I am the Man
-
I wouldn't worry about it. If you had a full meal from the day before, there's no reason for you to wake up and have a ravenous appetite.

Keep in mind that people have different body cycles. Some are more active in the morning and others are more active later in the day. You're only going to get hungry if your body burns calories and your body needs to tell your brain to replenish the calories. It would be nice if your body just started burning fat right away but that's not how things work for most people.