0
Asked by arsenal1 - 6 years ago
would like to know how the front panel is attached to the door,diagram would be helpful
Best Answer
jasonpyle Level 10 / Mentor teacher
-
Here was a similar question and answer from the search engine...

Semi integrated dishwasher - Question about fitting door!
I have just bought a semi integrated dishwasher to replace my currrent one that has just broken down. My question is this, the cupboard door is about an inch too short and there is a gap between the control panel and the top of the door. On my existing one there is a strip of plastic that fits the gap, it looks as though it was specifically made for this as it slots into holes in the dishwasher door. Does anyone know if this is how it is designed and if so what the name of this spacer is? I have tried to google it and have called some kitchen wholesalers but no-one seems to know what I am talking about. Can anybody help?

Hi Discocat,

This is a big problem with integrated appliances I'm afraid.

Quite often we get this with replacement appliances and, TBH, you were lucky to get a semi-integrated dishwasher as there are precious few around these days. What happens is that, when people decide to cut their losses and replace one, the doors either have different mounting points which can be a problem if the holes clash or, as you have found, they simply don't fit.

What you're talking about is a spaced bar and they were often supplied with Candy produced machines, in that case they look like a grill type affair, which was cut to size and then fixed to the top of the door or the machine to space it.

The ones that fit to the door are specific to the make and, often, the machine. The one's to fill space at the top really just sit there and you can just use a filler strip.

As far as I am aware there is nothing that would solve the problem that you have off the self as it were.

Sorry it's not a lot of help but I hope it explains it.

K.
All Answers
Sort By
Show
ERICOLVR Level 1
1
I HAVE TO REPLACE MY DISHWASHER WHICH IS FULLY INTERGRATED HOW DO I ROMOVE AND REPLACE THE WOODEN OUTER PANEL
Compliments from