0
Asked by MasonJar - 6 years ago
My old roommate had 2 pairs, Acoustic Response Series 707 and a pair of 601 or 600 series, something like that. These things were some of the loudest home stereo speakers I've ever heard for the size(12" woofers). They shook the whole place, neighbors would complain and I couldn't even drown them out in my room with my head next to my speakers! I want to know if it was a spoof that he just happened to get a REALLY good working set of these, or possibly some of the components were replaced, though that didn't seem to be the case because they speakers looked just like the pics I see online for these models. I want to know if all these speakers are really as crappy as all the reviews I find online(white van scam etc...), or if most of them are over exaggerating or something else entirely is going on??
Thanks
Best Answer
athompson6ji Level 3
-
I don't think these speakers are worth seeking out for producing extreme decibels. Seems to be a no name brand and I see more posts for fraud and scams when searching for them.

I think you should focus more on what was pushing them. What was the output power of your friends amplifier? Were there any other components involved, pre-amp, EQ, filter? The speakers are only the end product and there are a lot of other factors to consider when looking at decibel level.
All Answers
Sort By
Show
smohpal Level 22 / ENGINEER
-
I would simply suggest you to have mercy on your ears so that you wont go deaf after few years.