0
Asked by redclarered - 6 years ago
My period was late by ten days then i took cramps for three days then the cramps stopped.But i didnt bleed it seemed to be like a thick black substance and just came now and again and this lasted for two days.I am confused and not sure if i should go to the doctors.Could i be pregnant i am also suffering terrible headaches and slight nausea today.
Additional Details added 6 years ago
i have been married since last july and came off the contraceptive pill then but my husband works abroad and if i am pregnant i could only be three weeks coz he came home then Should i be feeling like this now?
All Answers
Sort By
Show
Richard Level 76 / Retired Dentist
-
That thick black substance is probably old menstrual blood. So you missed your period. Go to the doctors. He will probably give you a pregnancy test and check for infections.
kc5255 Level 38 / Out of the Workforce
-
Prior to your problem, were you on any birth controls method?

A brown discharge is usually a blood discharge. If the bleeding is quite slight then it takes longer to reach the outside world and turns from red or black to brown in the process. Such bleeding can be caused by all kinds of things - most commonly infections and erosions (these are raw patches on the cervix).

There are many other possibilities and the only way to find out what is causing it is to go and see your GP and get examined or referred to a gynaecologist for examination.

I suspect this is not going to go away by itself so go and get it attended to. Most of the possible causes are extremely easily treated.
http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/womenshea...

If you think that you may be pregnant, go to your local pharmacy store and buy a pregancy test.

I think it would be best to see your doctor. It could be something simple like your body getting rid of blood clots but it is not worth the risk.
Additional Details added 6 years ago
Early Pregnancy Symptoms
The Early Signs of Pregnancy

Do you have questions about pregnancy symptoms?
By popular request, here is our early signs of pregnancy symptoms checklist. One web page that explains common early pregnancy signs and symptoms, including the very earliest signs of pregnancy.

To read and learn more by clicking on this link
http://www.womens-health-questions.com/p...

Here's another site
Pregnancy Symptoms — Early Signs of Pregnancy
http://www.americanpregnancy.org/getting...

PS: As a woman myself who have had three pregnancies, I have never experienced "black discharge" prior to or during my pregnancies.
However, I have had this type of irregular after my periods (no longer having periods). But in my case some other issues were going on with my body then.
dhay Level 14 / clinical academic
1
This could be an ectopic pregnancy. Go to your doctor now!
Additional Details added 6 years ago
I'm a gynae
Compliments from
drngp Level 1
1
Are you suffering ythis type for first time or previously you have this at the time of periods. If it is first time contact the doctor immediately. if your problem is old one , then take remedies for dysmonnrrhoea - a good homeopathic doctor will definetely will help you in this regard.
Compliments from
NicVic Level 11 / caregiver for elderly
1
I think you know you have to see a doctor, hon. It could be anything. Please don't wait...
Compliments from